In the recent April school holidays six secondary school students proudly represented Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School at the annual WA Interschool Equestrian Championships in Perth.
Held over four days, the Championships were and attended by hundreds of primary and secondary students, representing more than 60 schools from across the state. The school was represented by Year 8 students Holly Greening, Holly Kerr, Priya Hodges and Sophie Summers, as well as Year 9 student Hannah Kerr and Year 10 student Harriet Forrest.
The students proudly represented the school in more than 40 individual classes across a range of disciplines including dressage, show jumping, combined training and show hunter. Over a busy but exciting four days, the students showed great competitiveness and team spirit, achieving great results for their school in both competitive and participant classes.
These results included:
- 1st place 60cm combined training championship class
- 2nd place elementary dressage overall championship
- 5th place novice dressage overall championship
- 6th 60cm show jumping overall championship
- 4th place 65cm eventing series championship
- 1st place 45cm combined training participant class
- 1st place 45cm participant show jumping
- 1st & 2nd place participant preliminary dressage overall champion
- 5th 60cm participant combined training
- 2nd participant show hunter overall champion
When asked what the best thing about Interschools was this year the students commented that it was fun to camp with their horses and friends and compete together for the school.
Congratulations to all of the students (and their horses) on representing the school in the Championships. We look forward to the next championships and a growing Equestrian team at the School.