Due to current travel restrictions many Round Square activities are being adjusted to suit the current environment.
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School is a global member of the Round Square organisation. There are many opportunities for Primary and Secondary students to get involved and benefit from the many experiences available. To learn more about Round Square please visit the Round Square website. Students and parents can log in and discover more about exchange opportunities, service trips and follow reports from conferences and Big Build projects. Please log in using the following details:
Round Square in Primary
Our Primary students complete a range of projects to assist in raising awareness of the Round Square IDEALS. Year 5 students will receive a passport to enable them to achieve the Bronze level of the Young Round Square Award.
Round Square in our Western Australian Bubble
A Round Square exchange represents a unique opportunity for Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School students to discover what they are truly capable of achieving, by embarking on an adventure to experience the life and traditions of another school and family. Being on exchange encourages students to:
- Step out of their comfort zone
- Live and learn in a setting that is different from their own
- Experience and develop a deeper understanding of different schools, environments or cultures
- Gain important life skills like empathy, independence, flexibility and cultural responsibility
- Be a positive ambassador for our School.
Due to travel restrictions we are limited to travel within WA. Luckily we now have three other Round Square schools in WA. Students from Years 7 to 9 are invited to be involved in a two week reciprocal exchange with one of the following schools:
- Scotch College Perth (all boys)
- Penrhos College Perth (all girls)
- Geraldton Grammar (Co-educational)
Year 7, 8 and 9 students may take part in these exchanges. The exchanges are of a reciprocal nature in that students would go to another school for two weeks and is then be expected to host their exchange partner for two weeks or vice versa. Please read the Exchange Information and download the Exchange Application. Applications need to be made by Week 10 Term 2 this year.
Round Square Virtual Exchange
With the option of International travel off the list at the moment we have access to the Round Square Virtual Exchange program. BCGS students are able to connect with students in schools around the world on email, through videoconferencing and on social media, to share experiences, develop their language skills, understand more about one another’s country and culture, build friendships and remind one another that we are all in this together.
Round Square Virtual Exchanges can be 1:1 or can take the form of a group exchange involving up to three students from two schools and should involve at least five of the following:
• Connect at least weekly on skype, zoom or another video platform approved by your school;
• Exchange written accounts or short films of a day or week in your life;
• Interview your exchange partner about their life and write a short biography or life story;
• Write, swap and answer 20 questions about one another.
• Visit the Round Square website for more information or drop into the Round Square office for an application.